Job Location: Kiel, Wisconsin
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The Pre-Press Manager & Production Artist is responsible for managing projects from initial design concept to the final project plus proofing and confirming artwork for accuracy, quality and content while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Wind Walker Label.
Areas of Responsibility
- Effectively manage the Pre-Press departments of Production Artists, Customer Service and Platemaking staff to achieve daily targets as they relate to production.
- Ensure that the Pre-Press departments of Production Artists, Customer Service and Platemaking staff are meeting customer deadlines.
- Evaluate the performance of the Pre-Press departments of Production Artists, Customer Service and Platemaking staff to coach/mentor with meeting personal development and performance goals.
- Assist in preparation of digital files for press and art direction.
- Color correction of images.
- Recreate art when necessary.
- Create die lines and maintain die line library.
- Maintain art library and organization.
- Maintain record of common plates.
- Output hard copy proofs and maintain color workflow using Epson printer.
- Read in Press Sheets and create Press Profile Curves, when necessary.
- Create and maintain files for Rotary Screens, Embossing Dies, Hot Stamp Dies, Cold Foil, Special Effects, etc.
- Return art files to customers, upon request.
- Inspection, troubleshooting, layout, trapping, and manual imposition of electronic files.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.