Job Location: Kiel, Wisconsin
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Reports To: Quality Assurance & EHS Manager
Description: The EHS & Quality Technician is responsible for assisting the EHS & Quality Assurance Manager for ensuring that products meet quality standards and customer satisfaction plus maintaining databases and documents while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Wind Walker Label.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure incoming raw materials have associated COA/COC. Verify COA/COC comply with specifications. Maintain incoming COA/COC database. Contact vendors for missing or inaccurate COA/COC.
- Address defective raw materials with vendors. Track defective raw materials in Defective Raw Material database. Ensure defective raw materials are properly quarantined, removed from inventory system and processed as required. File claims with vendor and verify credits received from vendors when required.
- Maintain database of Color Standards. Ensure Color Standards are current and organized.
- Maintain SDS database and hard copy binders. Annual physical chemical inventory.
- Assist with tracking Internal and External errors.
- Oversee the PPAP submission process for customers who require it.
- Maintain database of equipment requiring calibration and assist with calibration as needed.
- Assist with testing and sampling of Food Grade and Direct Food contact production.
- Assist with Safety and QMS training.
- Assist with internal and external audits as needed.
- Assist QA Manager with other duties as required.
- Knowledge of terminology, job flow, job tickets and the quality standards.
- Self-motivated, organized, detail oriented, mechanically inclined and good hand-to-eye coordination.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Basic math ability (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to read a ruler and scale.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders and specifications/blueprints.
- Willingness to keep up with developments and changes in printing technology.
- Good color vision and ability to be trained to use color measurement instrumentation.
- Good problem solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of good departmental and company safety, housekeeping and PPE practices.
- Understands departmental procedures and policies.
- Ability to work with senior management and office staff.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years related experience
- Competitive Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance